廣告狂人S01E07 MJE美劇筆記:開夜車
作者:MJE美劇口語聯盟
來源:MJE美劇口語聯盟
2012-08-23 20:00
口語精華:
1. shed some light on something
弄清楚某件事
2. wipe the scowl off her face
抹去她臉上的愁容
3. burn the midnight oil
熬夜/開夜車
4. as far as I'm concerned…
我個人認為/據我所知...
5. every once in a while
偶爾
6. I'm still dying to try it.
我還是很想試試。
7. You're leading this dance.
這由你說了算。
8. Can we leave it at that?
我們可以不要再談論那件事了嗎?(表示說話人不想再談論那件事)
9. You made a fool of yourself.
你讓自己丟人了/你讓自己出洋相了。
10. She always has her nose in those books.
她總是埋頭苦讀(那些書)。
11. They're heading off to college.
他們(準備)要上大學了。
12. I just put it out of my mind.
我只是不再想這件事了。
13. I had no idea you were such a fan of the mollusk.
我真不知道你原來是個愛吃貝類的人。
經典對白:
1. Roger: The ones with the best product make the worst client.
最好的產品造就了最難應付的客戶(意思是:客戶恃著自己產品好,不容易聽廣告公司的意見;或者說廣告公司需要想到更好的idea才能打動客戶)。
2. Don: I don't mind you staying late, just as long as you're not trying to milk us for the dinner money.
我不介意你留得晚(加班),只要你不是為了榨取晚餐補貼。
作者@MJE美劇口語聯盟 (整理/排版:小紅帽 BBQ 校對:記憶的笑臉 614)
- 相關熱點:
- 好聽英文歌曲