雙語美文:深呼吸,然后相信
作者:Kay Heitsch
2020-05-21 07:00
I had to put the following quote into practice 25 years ago
25年前,我曾反復念誦一句話
when I was asked to give a speech?at my precious friend Evy's wedding.
因為我應邀參加從前的好友Evy的婚禮,必須作一番演講
"Sometimes the best thing you can do is
“有時,你能做的最好的事,”
?
not think, not wonder, not imagine, not obsess,
“就是不要思考,不要猜忌,不要想象,不要沉迷”
?just breathe and have faith
“你只需要深呼吸,保持信念”
that everything will work out for the best."
“要相信,一切都會變成最好的樣子”
You may wonder why on earth would it?be so difficult?
你可能會問,為什么這件事對于我如此艱難?
?Well, there's a good reason why.
我有充足的理由
Our son, Todd, was a very close friend with Evy.
我們的兒子Todd一直與Evy非常要好?
After Todd's death, Evy and I became close friends too.
Todd死后,Evy和我也成為了親密的朋友。
Evy would stopover at our home and spend time with me.
Evy時常來我家串門,陪著我一起度過難熬的時光。
?
Every year on the date of Todd's death
每年Todd的忌日
Evy would send me a white rose in memory of Todd.
Evy都會寄一只白玫瑰給我,以表達她對Todd的追思
What was interesting is
有趣的是
?
that Evy was going to marry a man named Todd.
Evy的準新郎名字也叫Todd?
I kept thinking, wondering,
我腦中思緒翻飛,仿佛問著為什么
imagining when I heard the minister say 'Todd' that I was going to start crying.
我想象著,當我聽到牧師叫“Todd”的時候,自己一定會哭出來
I'm here to tell you that
現在我想告訴你們
I did breathe and put my faith in my life?that day.
那一天,我做到了,我深呼吸,然后將我的信任交付到生活手中
Before I open my mouth
在我開始演講之前
I put this verse in my mind,
我在心里念誦著這樣一句話
?"I can do all things through?life?who strengthens me"
“經過生活的歷練,我將能夠做好任何事,因為生活讓我變得更堅強
”
I did give a speech?and I didn't cry.
我順利完成了演講,而且并沒有哭泣
?
Everything did work out for the best
生活真的變成了最好的樣子
?
and now 25 years later
如今,25年之后
Todd and Evy are still married.
Todd和Evy還是一對恩愛夫妻